I call myself a foodie.
I love to cook and I love to eat (obviously).
I believe “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.”
I am not often bothered about calories but lately, I have to admit that I could lose some weight hence I decided to go for a low-carb dinner tonight.
Here is my recipe for “Three in One”.
“Three” refers to Tofu, Chicken and Vegetables cooked as “One” dish (or main).
I used Tofu as the base and this item is cooked first.
Ingredients for Base
- 1 piece of Tofu
- 1 egg (beaten with a dash of light soya sauce)
- a few pieces of chopped garlic
- a few Vietnamese Mint (or Curry Leaves)
- Light Soya Sauce
- Oil for frying (any oil that is suitable for pan fry)
- Heat a wok and put in 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and Vietnamese Mint (or Curry Leaves). Fry till fragrance.
- Cut the Tofu into 4 pieces and fry till brown and turn over to the other side. Add a little light soya sauce.
- Pour in the beaten egg and cover the lid till cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the cooked Tofu onto a plate and place all in the centre.
Ingredients for Toppings
- A bunch (few stalks) of Kailan (or Choy Sum) – cut into two lengthwise.
- Half a chicken breast cut into thick strips
- Oyster Sauce
- Chinese Wine (half a small cup)
- A teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with a bit of water
- A few pieces of chopped garlic
- Oil for frying
- Using the same wok (no need to wash), add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add chopped garlic and fry till slightly brown.
- Add chicken pieces and oyster sauce (about 3 tablespoons). Toss and then cover for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Kailan (or Choy Sum) and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add Chinese Wine and cornstarch for thickening. Toss till cooked.
- Pour the cooked dish on top of the cooked Tofu and heap it up.
“Three in One” – That’s my new creation, a new recipe for tonight.
Take a peek at the photo below. I doubled the portion as I cooked for two tonight.
Can you spot the difference in the two plates?